What is a Meal Plan?
Meal SwipesMeal Swipes give you access to any of our all-you-care-to-eat dining halls, including Courtyard Dining Hall and the Lodge at Brown. Meal swipes that come with the Block meal plans expire at the end of the semester in which they are purchased.
Declining BalanceDeclining Balance dollars may be used at any Western Carolina University Dining location. Visit the location page for location information, including dining hall menus and hours of operation. Unused Declining Balance dollars carry over from fall to spring semester and then expire.
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like.
- Healthy choices available all across campus.
- Special events with themed meals and exclusive offers for meal plan members.
- Casual atmosphere with TVs, music and lounge-style seating—perfect for studying or hanging out with friends.
- Dedicated True Balance Allergen Friendly station at Courtyard Dining Hall
To-go meals: Simply request a to-go box when you swipe in at any of our dining halls.
Managing Your Plan
There are three ways you can check your Meal Swipes and Declining Balance dollars:
- On the myWCU app.
- On your receipt after a purchase at any dining location.
- Visit the meal plan office in 160 W. University Way, open Monday-Friday 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Declining Balance running low? No problem! Add more Declining Balance online.
- First day of classes: August 17
- Meal plan start date: August 14
- Last day to change meal plan: August 21
- EMPSU: November 17
- Last day of classes: December 4