What is a Meal Plan?
Meal SwipesMeal Swipes give you access to any of our all-you-care-to-eat dining halls, including the Catamount Cafe and The Lodge at Brown. You may also be able to use your meal swipe at Blue Ridge Burger and 1889 Bistro, where you are able to get an entree, side, and drink. Meal swipes that come with the Block meal plans expire at the end of the semester in which they are purchased.
Declining Balance dollars may be used at any Western Carolina University Dining location. Visit the location page for location information, including dining hall menus and hours of operation. Unused Declining Balance dollars carry over from the fall to spring semester and then expire at the end of the academic semester.
Declining Balance running low? No problem! You and always add more on G.E.T. or here! Declining Balance online.
Meal ExchangeMeal Exchange can be used at most of our retail locations here on campus. An Exchange meal includes typically one entrée and one fountain beverage. Click here to see the full meal exchange menu on our campus. The Unlimited Premium plan allows for one meal exchange per day. All Block plans can use their block meals as a meal swipe or a meal exchange.
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like.
- Healthy choices available all across campus.
- Special events with themed meals and exclusive offers for meal plan members.
- Casual atmosphere with TVs, music, and lounge-style seating—perfect for studying or hanging out with friends.
To-go meals: Simply request a reusable OZZI to-go box from the cashier, they will help you through the process to get one in at any of our dining halls.
- First day of classes: August 21st, 2023
- Last day to change meal plan: August 25th, 2023
- Spring Break: October 16th, 2023 - October 20th, 2023
- Advising Day: October 31st, 2023
- Thanksgiving Break: November 22nd, 2023 - November 24th, 2023
- Last day of classes: December 8th, 2023
- Meal Plan end date: December 16th, 2023
- First day of classes: January 16th, 2024
- Last day to change meal plan: January 19th, 2024
- Advising Day: February 20th, 2024
- Spring Break: March 4th, 2023 - March 8th, 2024
- Second Spring Break: March 27th, 2024 - March 29th, 2024
- Last day of classes: May 3rd, 2024
- Meal Plan end date: May 11, 2024